Taken from Kidradical's journal =)
Best of the Year
1. Party: Pat O'Brien's on my B-day
2. LocalShow: I don't think I went to any this year...havne't check out the scene her here in san antonio in a while...
3. CD: Damien Rice "O"
4. Movie: Closer, and...well...that's the last one i've seen so i'm not real sure i can't think of others i've seen but this one was GREAT
5. Song: Anything by Damien Rice
6. Experience: Meeting Brian, and believe it or not becoming an adult (getting a "real" full-time job, getting an apartment, starting graduate school, paying bills, etc.)
7. Concert: Austin City Limits
8. Book: The Mummy at the dining room table
9. Month: January
10.Day: 1 (beginning of a new year)
Worst of the Year:
1. Party: Uhm...I really can't say
2. LocalShow: .....
3. CD: APC's newest...was dissapointing
4. Movie: can't think of one...
5. Song: anything sung by rap/r&b "divas"
6. Experience: Working at SAEP (my first job out of college) my boss was just...inconcevably horrible, I love my new job eventhough it pays me way less.
7. Concert: dave matthews because it rained and it was cold then it got hot and sticky and muggy
8. Book: Inside the Criminal mind...too baised
9. Month: June
10. Day: ....
Hopes for 2004:
1. Predict something that you think will happen in 2005? Spontaneous combustion of my car
2. What do you hope changes about your country? that somehow our president grows a functioning brain and starts fixing all of the things he's done wrong for our country
3. What do you hope for yourself? To be healthier
4. What do you hope for your family? For them to get along better
5. What do you hope for your best friends? For them to continue doing well and being happy
6. What do you hope for the rest of your friends? the same
Where were you when it began: Grandma's House
Did you stay up: Till 2 or so
What was your new year wish? Can't remember
How many boyfriends/girlfriends: The only one that matters is Brian
Have any crushes?: of course
Care to mention names? Jude Law and Brad Pitt (w/out a shirt on)
New friends:J.Glowacki, Bert, Tish, Martha
Had to say goodbye: To college life
Missed anyone: Selynda (my college roomate)
Win anything? a christmas centerpiece at the building's luncheon thingy
Best place you went to: hmm...the beach?
Worst place you went to: Reynosa
Happiest moment: Too many to count
How was your birthday: Wonderful, it was spent at home with my family and Brian and then celebrated with dinner on the riverwalk
Best present: my family and brian's time with me
1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
Live by myself, pay all of my own bills, bought my own dog, became self-sufficient.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never make them, I can't keep them
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, Patrick and Magda had a gorgeous baby girl
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 17th, when I met Brian
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating college, job, apt., etc....
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not preparing better
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Panick attacks, colds, and anxiety/stress
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hannabelle my doggy
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled?
Ehh...don't think i'm qualified to say...i don't know...
14. Where did most of your money go?
I'm still asking myself the same question...
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
too many things
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Toughy but i'm with "kidradical" on this one..."Hey Ya"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you
i. happier or sader? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? fatter
iii. richer or poorer? probably poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending New Years?
not really sure
21. Did you fall in love in 2004
21. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Felicity Re-runs, sex and the city, six feet under (when i had HBO)
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Shins, Postal Service, Iron and Wine, Fruit Bats...but over all of them...Damien Rice!
26. What did you want and get?
To stay in San Antonio and not have to move back home
27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
turned 23 and went to Pat O'Brien's with classmates/friends and Brian, drove home to celebrate with family,mom cooked, and got taken out to a fancy shmancy dinner on the river walk by Brian who did the whole nine yards with flowers and everything...it was cute
28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Preparation, in every aspect of the word. Mental, physical, emotional, etc...but its really hard to do that and really hard to get rid of yoru sheaths of discarded armour in most circumstances
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
comfortable, and at work "business/businness-casual" Believe you me...I laughed when I saw myself in the mirror wearing a black suit and black heels with hose...it was weird...i looked like a grown-up but didn't feel like one...and still don't
30. What kept you sane?
Brian, Mom, music, and school (on some level)
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ehh...can't really think of one worth mentioning
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
America being stupid and re-electing Bush
33. Who did you miss?
Sel after graduation, my parents on a daily basis, my brothers
34. Who was the best new person you met?
I know it sounds redundant but...of course...Brian
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.
Even the people you think you know best will screw you over if given the chance
36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
And so it is...just like you said it would be...life goes easy on me...most-of-the-time...